Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nicole-- Light

First week in photo club... woohoohoo!
I ended up going outside and taking a few photos because... well... nature is awesome, and the sun was out today. And from there, although this was not my intention, I ended up seeing how intriguing light was when darkness was there to contrast it. Finding contrasting things when photographing is, of course, an excellent thing to do-- It more fully brings out the importance of those things which are being opposed, and makes the image have much more life to it. I just ended up thinking about how we have been placed on this earth, and our knowledge of things before got here. We had our agency when we were in our premortal existence-- we were intelligent enough, as spirits without bodies and without much experience to understand that there was a difference between the Lord's way, and any other way besides that. But Heavenly Father sent us to earth so that we could sense, with our whole selves, of His plan, and that it His plan is Perfect. Although sometimes we only want to have joy in our lives, every experience-- whether dark and trying, or full of brightness-- helps us understand what it means to have it. The Lord sent us here because he loves us. This is the way for us to obtain perfection. This is the way for us not only to have eternal happiness, but to know it.

Alma 36:17-21
And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heared my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world. Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus,
thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.


















No comments:

Post a Comment