Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Escape from reality- Layne


Those moments-the ones where an action, an event, an object, takes you from one world to another-are magical. When I need that moment I look up to the sky and let everything flow out of my mind. Instead I focus on what I see upwards. I took this picture through the sunroof of the car on our drive down to Utah- the drive that compelled me to look up and have a moment or go insane. I just cropped it a bit but I liked it in its original colors and shadows. simple.

The box of toys is from my dad's youth (going through our stuff at grandma's has provided ample escapes from reality). Each object has a memory, a fast escape route to neverneverland. I took the box outside to get natural light, then warmed the colors to show age.


No comments:

Post a Comment