Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Light - Cody

one thing you'll all quickly learn about me is that i can be a bit indecisive at times. this is evidenced by the fact that i couldn't decide on one photo for this week's assignment, so i chose three.

last week when i was feeling nervous about presenting my first photo to the other members of the club, Layne calmed my fear by explaining that photography is simply about capturing light, much like our purpose as disciples of Christ is to obtain as much light as we can during this life. thank you for your wisdom, Layne.

my first two photos capture light itself. the first was taken during lunch break in my dark dungeon office, the second was taken amongst the majestic andes mountain heights while i served as a missionary in the city of cerro de pasco, peru.





my third photo is different in how it represents light. the water droplets capture the light and reflect it in what i've always considered to be one of the most beautiful ways possible. equally as important to my selection of this photo is the significance of light in granting life to the plant featured in the picture. through the miraculous process of photosynthesis, light becomes life.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment