Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Escape - McKay

Preface to pictures:
Although I didn't really get all of the shots I was hoping to for this week's topic, it was certainly easy for me to think of ideas. Turns out there are heaps of things that help me destressify my life. Immediately after photo club last week, I went to Carl's Jr to take a pictures of my 39 cent ice cream. From there I went to park night to take pictures of Ultimate Frisbee. There also happens to be a field of daisies where we play Ultimate. It is good to know that here in Alaska escaping from reality is as simple as... being in Alaska.

Title: Surfer Girl

Last night I hiked the turnagain arm. It was a beautiful day and finally sunny after days of rain. I took a picture of the ocean because the ocean is one of my absolute favorite places to be. Hiking is one of my favorite activities. I like how you can still see mountains in the distance. It is not like looking out into the ocean with just water, but in this view you can see more endless adventures waiting to happen.



Title: Future Joy of Being Married: No Guy Roommates

Ever Saturday I wake up at 6:00 to do my grocery shopping. This Saturday I found out that my roommates would be gone fishing all day so I knew that when I got home from shopping I could have the kitchen all to myself. I spent the next 4 hours cleaning up after my roommates and cooking my favorite pizza. Three escapes in one: Cleaning(more correct: having a clean place),cooking and pizza!



Title: Alaskan Weed (not that kind of weed)

I love flowers. Daisies are my favorite flower. Every time I go driving or go on a hike my mind is absolutely blown with the fact that daisies grow as weeds here. Every time I look at these flowers, my day seems a bit better no matter how stressful or terrible a day I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment