Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Journalistic Photo - McKay

Title: Sacrifice

Some elements I like about this picture:
The lady in the picture is almost out of the picture... almost as if she is being overlooked. The picture is also a bit crooked; to me this kind of represents the disarray of what is going on.

The Story: From looking at this woman, you can see that she is quite sad. She is pregnant and crying. She has a wedding ring and a phone that makes it look like she has been talking to someone. The story seems to point toward a tragedy or misfortune in her family. You can't help but want to sympathize and comfort her.

I took this at the air show over the weekend and have no idea who this person was. In fact, I was not fully aware of what is going on in this picture because for this shot I kind of held the camera sideways and just took random shots. I think at the moment this was taken, the announcer was reading a poem or talking about something to do with remembering our veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment